Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound From Speakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Turbolag

Turbolag

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

Hey everyone.

Last week I installed the El Gato HD game capture hardware and software.

It works fine, but for some reason there is no sound coming through the speakers.

For example, any video gameplay I recorded will play video wise, but no sound comes out.

I checked the sound drivers and the El Gato and sound drivers are all working properly according to the computer.

I checked the mute button, and it's off. I checked the volume setup and it shows volume.

But, when I go to control panel and then sounds, it shows El Gato as the only sound device installed. It shows the speaker, but it says not installed and I think there is a red exclamation point by it. Not sure what happened here?

So I unplugged the speakers to see if sound would come through the monitor speakers, but no sound.

I'm confused on what to do here. I was gonna try to plug in headphones to the jack on the pc and see if sound came through there.

Not sure what to do next.

Thanks.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 May 2016 - 11:19 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to Audio/Video

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Turbolag

Turbolag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:03 AM

So yesterday I plugged my headphones into the jack on the PC, and there was no sound coming through to them. I had a new set of speakers for the computer sitting on the floor that I have been too lazy to setup, so I thought I'd try them and see if it would work. So I plugged the new speakers in and now the computer has sound coming through them.

No clue why the other sound doesn't work. The original speakers are on the monitor, but no sound from them.

But it has sound now through the new speakers so I'm really glad that worked.

#3 AllenSteve

AllenSteve

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

Good job, buddy! Seems like you are a good observer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users