Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

signing in or not signing in to google

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:45 PM

If the android smartphone has a google account with it, like you can recheck that it is shown in the settings for Accounts, then do you still need to SIGN IN to this google account to do anything like sync between phone and google account, or to download and install "APPS" ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Brendan2016

Brendan2016

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

once you setup your google account at phone setup and its showing as google in accounts. You do not have to sign in again. The sync and contacts backup will happen automatically if that feature is turned on. 

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:52 PM

once you setup your google account at phone setup and its showing as google in accounts. You do not have to sign in again. The sync and contacts backup will happen automatically if that feature is turned on. 

Thanks.  Good to know.  The reason I asked is because no "syncing" has been occurring.  I put a few contacts into the smartphone and tried syncing but nothing went into the Contacts part of the google/gmail account.

#4 Brendan2016

Brendan2016

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:26 PM

You have to save the contacts to the google account. If your contacts are saved onto the sim card or your device google account won't pick it up. Then if you have already done that and it still wont work try going into the google account and turning contacts sync off then on again. 

#5 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:38 AM

You have to save the contacts to the google account. If your contacts are saved onto the sim card or your device google account won't pick it up. Then if you have already done that and it still wont work try going into the google account and turning contacts sync off then on again. 

That's disappointing.  I believed I could just put the contact names and phone numbers into the smartphone and then use 'sync' to put them into my google account.  I accomplished the needed upload to the account using 'share', from phone to google.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users