Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible to slipstream 98SE installation cd?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 johnmeehan

johnmeehan

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:32 AM

I have a little experience slipstreaming XP installation cds and want to create a slipstream 98 installation CD.  Any advice on how to proceed if it can be done at all?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1626

This site also says this:

Legal Issues

Please note that while you can use the streamlining method to create an updated version of your own Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2 installed, this does not give you the legal right to use it on more than one machine at a time. A Windows XP license can still only be used on a single system at a time, unless you are using a volume license. OEM licenses (versions of Windows pre-installed on assembled computers) are considered to apply only to the computer they are first installed on, and may not be transferred to other systems. Be aware of these issues when preparing and creating your new CD. For a more in-depth look at the subject, see our article on Legally Copying Software.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 johnmeehan

johnmeehan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

Thank you for your response.  However, I already have basic knowledge of creating a slipstreamed XP installation.  What I am curious about is if a 98SE installation can be slipstreamed.

I currently have two installation disks described below that I want to combine:

1:  The original 98SE installation cd

2:  A cd I created with some security patches and OS specific programs (media player, DirectX, etc).

What I want to do is create a 98SE installation CD that will not only install 98SE but also the security patches, media player, drivers, etc.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:41 PM

Sorry!  Being at school is very distracting!  I failed to see Google had changed my search by changing the results.

Try this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+98+slipstream&rlz=1C1VSNC_enUS601US601&oq=Windows+98+slipst&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0j69i60.7262j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 johnmeehan

johnmeehan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users