Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sharing outlook email and calendar office 365 individual

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sandrab9449

sandrab9449

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

Hi,

I have just signed up to this forum and am totally IT inept.

I am trying to set up a sort of manager / assistant sharing of an inbox and caledar through outlook. However we both only have office 365 individual licence and we dont seem to be able to share in the normal way.

We need to both be able to work from an inbox (which my boss wants to set up using an individual domain name) and the same calendar.

I have been going round and round in circles with this to no avail. Please help.

Thank you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 May 2016 - 08:37 AM.
moved from Introductions to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OrlandoFoodScene

OrlandoFoodScene

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

Are using Office 365 for a Business where other users are able to share calendars, etc? It sounds like your saying that you currently only have the Office software license, and not the Online Account portion of the package. Can you clarify? In terms of what I use, GoDaddy sells 3 basic packages. The Online Essentials (just the email account), the Business Premium (Office and the email account), and on a separate page, Office 365 Software (just the software).

You mentioned "an individual domain name". Do you mean that you and another person will be sharing a single mailbox and calendar like "example@company.com"? Does your boss want you two to use a different domain name than the rest of the company?

If the company doesnt currently subscribe to Office 365's Business Email service, then that's where you will want to start. Wherever your domain name is currently living (where you bought it) is where you should start inquiring about purchasing this service. Once you've setup your new email account, you can another person can both have it setup and can both use it, add and delete from the calendar, check and reply to messages, etc. 

#3 themantis

themantis

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:41 AM

What type of email are you using? gmail? yahoo? exchange?

#4 sandrab9449

sandrab9449
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:54 AM

I am using outlook as my email and i only have an office 365 individual licence as does my boss. I am basically doing some work from my home for a self employed consultant and so far he hasnt had anybody else working with him.

I think you are right and we dont have the online part so guess we can only do that if he upgrades to office business. Is that right? Or could he sign up to exchange online? And would i need to sign up to that or ofgice business as well as him?

As for the domain name he must have set himself up somehome with a domain name as you mentioned above and he wants to set up another that we can both access like enquiries@company.com. i guess he needs to look into wherever he set up his fomain name to do that.

Sorry like i said i really dont know what i am talking about but i get the impression the software we currently have is not enough and he maybe needs to upgrade to office business.

#5 themantis

themantis

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

Or you can use gmail that has calendar and you can share it, plus it's free.  You can use outlook to use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users