Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

comp only starts in safe mode after AV stopped working

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 midas1968

midas1968

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:19 AM

Hi and Thanks in advance,

Posted before but only two  answered by agreeing with each other that people probably should not run two A/V programs at the same time. Which would have been welcomed news if I had not already stated that that wasn't my problem.   Hopefully I can get a more experienced Tech member on here who actually wants to help as well as having the know how to do so. I know from long ago they are here ;)

Issue

Computer was acting funny, McAfee found a Artemis!4890a45350f7 trojan

Computer still acted funny after quarantine. At a later point  I restored it to a previous date

Then Mcafee real time protection no longer worked

Firefox then wouldn't start(XPCOM unable to Upload)

Started in safe mode and was able to install/update Firefox

Mcafee still showed same problem

Deleted Mcafee(deleted from control panel and used Mcafee removal tool so there would be no conflict with new A/V)

Avast would not work(deleted)

Avira would not download

Kaspersky would not finish download

Have tried to get out of Safe Mode several times, does not allow me to do the restore to previous working condition point either.

Hopefully some old XP pro can help me(Believe me I want a new computer ;)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 May 2016 - 07:42 AM.
removed insult

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:40 AM

Am I Infected topic about the same issue http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614797/xp-virus-protection-not-working-possible-artemis/

Please do not start multiple topics about the same issue. Doing so is confusing for you, those helping you and can delay/hinder the help process.

Help with this problem will be given in the other topic.

To avoid confusion, this one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users