Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Android Adware Removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jPandaBear

jPandaBear

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:33 AM

Hey guys,

I'm new to bleeping computer and I am hoping y'all can help me out.  I recently started getting onclick redirect ads on my S6.  I get them in Chrome, Dolphin, Maxthon Browser as well as apps such as Smartnews and bleacher report.  These redirect ads are prompted only when I open a new link.  They do not happen 100% of the time I open a new link and they do not redirect spontaneously.  I have no other pop up ad issues to speak of.  The only online browser that does not get the redirect ads is Opera Mini.  I started getting these ads about a week ago but I had not downloaded any 3rd party apps.  I download exclusively from the app store.  After scouring the internet for advice I tried the following without success:

1) delete all recently downloaded apps

2) Clear cache and delete history in my internet browsers

3) Factory reset for phone settings

4) Change the DNS in case it was an infected router

5) Use multiple antivirus/malware programs

At this point in time I got desperate and decided to format the phone.  After formatting the phone I did not allow it to download any apps.  I opened chrome and still had the redirect ads.  I started using my old phone to browse the internet because I was tired of the redirect ads.  I turned on my S5 and found that I had the same redirect ads.  This is the first time I have used my S5 in over a year and I did not have this issue the last time I used it.  After finding the redirect ads on my S5, I was worried that it was somehow related to my google account.  I formatted my S6 for a second time and created a brand new google account.  I still have the redirect ads.

tdlr; I have formatted my phone multiple times, I have tried every piece of advice I have come across and I still have redirect ads on my S6

Any help would be great.  I am at my wits end.  Thanks in advance.  

Edited by jPandaBear, 24 May 2016 - 02:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users