Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New, stressed out, and not too smart

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndreasO

AndreasO

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

Hello all - happy to be here and thanks for having me.

My computer is heavily infested with something nasty.  A lot of software is not working, or cannot be opened (Outlook) or displays the message "the item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed you may not have the appropriate permission"  I have looked at various sites to find a solution but they don't seem to work very well.  Any ideas ???  You'll have my eternal gratitude if this can be solved without major surgery (like re-installing Windows 7).  Many thanks !!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

Start by posting in Am I Infected.

Someone will help you. If more advanced tools need to be used your helper will refer you to Malware Removal Logs.

#3 AndreasO

AndreasO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

This is for Queen-Evie - I hope this gets to you and not the Forum in general.

Thank you for your very fast reply! - I have posted my problem in 'Am I Infected' but am unable to formulate a meaningful technical answer. My laptop is currently unable to communicate via the internet, hence I'm sending this from another computer.  I will try to create a new user with elevated privileges to be able to communicate from there.  My ignorance of all matters related to computers is profound, hence keep your fingers crossed that it will work.

Kind regards - AndreasO

#4 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer Forums!

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users