Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on Fresh Install

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ZenWhite

ZenWhite

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:51 PM

My PC has been down for a while now and I've gotten the chance to fix it again. It broke when the hard drive became corrupted and kept on giving BSODs (don't remember the error code for those times). I got a new hard drive and installed it fine but I get BSODs about halfway through an install of windows 7 or 8 (I've tried both incase it was a disc problem) The error I get is a ntfs.sys one and the rest of the error screen is attached,

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:12 AM

This is a BSOD related to the file system (NTFS) on the hard drive.
I'd suggest running these free, bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Please start with the hard drive diagnostics.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 ZenWhite

ZenWhite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

Its been a while and I cannot burn anything using the Iso Recorder or Img Burn using different discs types and computers. I can't even get the diagnostics to burn to discs.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:07 AM

Try burning the disks on another computer.

As you've tried different install disks and have replaced the hard drive - the problem is most likely in either the cables for the hard drive, or the storage controller (which is on the motherboard).

Running hard drive diagnostics is critical.  Otherwise you'll just start replacing parts at random - and that can get awfully expensive really fast!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 ZenWhite

ZenWhite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

I've tried different computers but the storage controller seems like it could be the issue as I bought a new hard drive and a new Sata cable (correct transfer) not too long ago and they went in fine. My motherboard has also been acting like garbage with ports on the back not working and a 25% chance of my CMOS battery going to bleep.

#6 ZenWhite

ZenWhite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:27 PM

Just trying again for a reinstalling hoping to get more information I got an error this time after the windows files were done copying. Error code 0x80070570 

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

Are you asking for some sort of help with this?

I can Google the error code for you, but that's all that I can see to do here.

#8 ZenWhite

ZenWhite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:17 PM

I got the tests to work and the first test I ran was the hard drive diagnostic and I ran a short and long test with both passing. The memtest went pretty bad as I had tens of thousands of errors by the end of it. Where do i go from here. I've decided from here that I should most likely test each RAM stick with Memtest also to see if it really is the RAM that is damaged.

Edited by ZenWhite, 11 August 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

Follow the instructions here to determine what's bad: http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users