Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox scrolling by clicking the negative scroll space

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zico268

zico268

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry if that's more like a support issue, I do realize it's a silly little problem, but I'm switching to Firefox (cuz I'm already sick of Google and Chrome) and this really bugs me.

When you're on a reasonably long page and you want to quickly scroll through it, you can either grab the scroll bar (I think it's called the "thumb") and move it around as you wish OR you can do it by clicking the negative space of the scroll bar (above and below the thumb).

And with the second option you can hold your left mouse button so that the page will scroll until you let go. But after switching to Firefox, I realized that as you are holding the LMB on the negative space, you cannot simultaneously move the cursor around so it would scroll towards the new cursor position.

You have to literally click above or below the thumb and NOT move your mouse at all for it to scroll to that point. When you're moving the cursor, it just stops.

Is that how FIrefox is and always was or is there some setting that can get rid of it? I know it's silly but it works like this everywhere, in every Windows folder, program etc it just how it's always worked, that's why I'm surprised it doesn't here.

I hope I described it well enough because it's a weird issue and I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask about this but I just don't know how to google this...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users