Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 blue screen no recovery point

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Miracle11

Miracle11

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

Hi im using windows 7 , my pc recently crashed and after reboot blue screen. Tried opening using safe mode and disable all services but still blue screen.i cannot do recovery because there are no recovery points. Help me solve this problem..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

What is the make and model of the computer?  Do you remember if this computer still has the factory recovery partition?  Your important data on the hard-drive can be backed up by booting a Puppy Linux and using external media - should it become necessary.

Edited by RolandJS, 23 May 2016 - 11:35 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#3 Miracle11

Miracle11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

How do i post pictures here? I would like to show you the error screen. As for the factory reset i am worried that my problem is a hardware problem. And i would preferably keep my files in the computer.

Edited by Miracle11, 23 May 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

DELL INSPIRON N4110   Windows 7 home premium

That has a factory recovery partition - should it come to that. You can boot into Safe Mode, yes!  Did you use msconfig to disable services?  I went that route earlier, disabled almost everything in startup and services.  Got me into Windows regular.  Than, re-enabled some but not all "matching items" in startup and services, restarted several times, finally found the culprit - I doubt my culprit will be your culprit.

["matching items" for example:  Acronis startup and Acronis services would be re-enabled]

Edited by RolandJS, 23 May 2016 - 11:44 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#5 Miracle11

Miracle11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

I did disable all services. First one was all non windows services then second one all services including windows... the after reboot black screen grey screen and then blue screen with "atikmpag.sys ... "

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

How do i post pictures here? I would like to show you the error screen. As for the factory reset i am worried that my problem is a hardware problem. And i would preferably keep my files in the computer.

I didn't see this earlier, sorry!  Does the error make any mention of SMART?

If you believe it's hardware, a Puppy Linux boot, or a WinPE boot w/portable backup/restore utility onboard and external media might be necessary to save your important data folders and files.  You can still get into Safe Mode; however, I do not know if Windows' built-in backup will do just your data folders and files -- let's see if others here will come up with alternatives.

Edited by RolandJS, 23 May 2016 - 12:01 PM.

#7 Miracle11

Miracle11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:02 PM

Can specifically tell me how to this puppy linux boot? But if i can use my computer in safe mode , does that point out that it isnt hardware malfunction? So my last resort right now is to format my laptop to factory setting?

#8 Miracle11

Miracle11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

I didn't see this earlier, sorry!  Does the error make any mention of SMART?
If you believe it's hardware, a Puppy Linux boot, or a WinPE boot w/portable backup/restore utility onboard and external media might be necessary to save your important data folders and files.  You can still get into Safe Mode; however, I do not know if Windows' built-in backup will do just your data folders and files -- let's see if others here will come up with alternatives.

It doesnt mention anything about SMART

#9 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

Let's hope a BC BSOD veteran comes in and continues; I'm at school, moving from classroom to classroom.

#10 Miracle11

Miracle11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:36 PM

Thanks RolandJS , hope to find a solution soon.. problem continues

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:13 PM

Dell's often come with built in diagnostics.  What happens when you tap F12 while booting?  Does the screen that comes up offer diagnostics?  If so, please run them.

If it doesn't have diagnostics, please run these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

Other topic with BSOD reports here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615174/bsod-windows-7-blue-screen/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#13 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

Can specifically tell me how to this puppy linux boot? But if i can use my computer in safe mode , does that point out that it isnt hardware malfunction? So my last resort right now is to format my laptop to factory setting?

I just now saw this.  Don't do any of this stuff until advised to do so by the BC BSOD regulars.  They have your thread now.   :)

"Other topic with BSOD reports here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615174/bsod-windows-7-blue-screen/ "  -- usasma.  Yeah, she was hoping youse BSOD guys and gals would see one of the two threads.

Edited by RolandJS, 23 May 2016 - 07:56 PM.

#14 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:13 AM

Thanks RolandJS!

Once we find the results of the diagnostics, then we can move on from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users