Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Will Not Boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lil

Lil

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

Hi all, :thumbsup: I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my sisters computer, so I am not very familiar with the system. It is a E-Machine T2042.
I believe it has Win XP Home. Outside of that I dont know any of the other stuff as I cant even get it booted up. I dont know the system specs, Im sorry for that.

The issue is, the other day, they had a power outage, not sure if this is tied into the issue or not, but the computer will not turn on or off with the button.

When you plug it into the wall outlet, it will turn on automatically, the fans run, the light blinks constantly on the front, but it will not boot up or feed anything to the monitor. No beeps or any sounds other than the fans running.
The video is on board, and I dont think this is causing the issue.

I have tried to replace the HD, the ram, I tried two differnt power supplies, and in those cases, when installing new power supplies, the computer got
no power at all, but putting the original one back, it does get power, but still will not boot.

Any idea if it could be anything else other than the MB?

Thanks for the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zerorelation

zerorelation

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

Do you have any other goodies hooked up to the board? When you boot, what all is connected? You can usually scrape by with the keyboard and a monitor of some type. It may be a far shot but I had a power surge blow my USB modem and my system didn't move with it attached.

Otherwise, MB sounds like a likely culprit.

#3 Lil

Lil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:01 PM

I have tried ruling out the DVD Drive/burner/a drive ect, tried new cables and still the same issue. When you plug it in the power is on, but will not feed to the monitor or boot. The video ect is on board. I will try
the ethernet card as that is about the only thing I havent taken out yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users