Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Does Not Load

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 isabzer0i

isabzer0i

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:49 PM

Hi,

A few days ago, my laptop with Windows XP just shut off by itself with out a warning. It did that a few times in the recent days, but when I turned it on it would start as normal. Today, when I attemted to turn it on, it brought me to a help screen but no matter which option I chose, Windows did not load. Instead, the computer keeps on restarting over and over and brings me back to the same screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is what the help screen says:

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stoppped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interuppted due to a power failure or because the power or reset buttion was pressed, or if you arent sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last known Good Configuration(your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice. Seconds until Windows start: 29-0

The countdown begins at 29 and at 0 it attempts to load Windows, but it does not load. Again, the computer restarts and brings me back to the same screen with the above choices. Please Help me start my computer.
Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:36 PM

If your computer stoppped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

Did you choose last known good configuration?

#3 isabzer0i

isabzer0i
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:57 PM

I tried doing everything including choosing the last known good configuration. Still, it continues to restart over and over, bringing me back to the same help screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users