Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant connect to certain services (skype etc.) but internet works fine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 athai619

athai619

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:24 AM

So the problem im having is really odd, my internet seems to be fine and is not dropping at all. Its just I cant connect to skype with my internet, what I mean by that is the windows client for skype registers that I am connected to the internet but when I try to login it says my login info is incorrect, a lot of websites do bug out too, chrome giving DNS issues on pages like google and yahoo mail a couple refreshes do fix that and I am able to connect to skype normally if I connect to a vpn its just bothersome. I recently went out and replaced my modem with a new one my ISP gave me and it did fix it for a little bit but now its occurring again. Im not sure if its a virus or something on my computer because the other computers in my home connected to the same network seems to be having the same issue too.

Anyways im on a Windows 7 x64 bit computer, its connected via ethernet to a router which is connected to another router which is connected to the cable modem. (a lot of computers in this home lol)

The routers are: Netgear (wnr2000v2)

Netgear (wndr3400v2)

both are reset to factory and default settings only thing ive touched is the wireless settings (ssid and wifi password)

and the modem is : cisco dpc3010

I've attached the miniToolbox log to the post, hopefully somebody can help me sort this mess out thanks in advance!

Attached File  MTB.txt   39.28KB   3 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:01 AM

What happens if you connect to the first router instead of the second?

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

Try connecting direct to the DPC3010 then reboot it. Same problems on modem? If so, what are it's signal levels at 192.168.100.1?  If not, try disabling IPv6 and the Traffic meter as seen on page 98-99 of manual.

#4 athai619

athai619
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:08 AM

So connecting directly to the modem (dpc3010) there was no issues it ran flawlessly like it used to, connecting to the first router (wndr3400) gave me the issue again so I took a chance and got a new router and replaced that one and it seems to be working fine again! Its so odd how that started happening though..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users