Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashes.. No options left, no idea whats wrong...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

Okay so heres the thing... my computer has been pooched since i bought it... I looked and looked for the model i bought so i could post it here for you but it was so long ago i cant remember but its not really important.

Cause right now i just need to narrow down whats wrong based on the symptoms.

You see when i got it it would crash constantly with no prompts or warning or error messages. Every time i tried to play a game it would just go out. Bigger games caused it to go out faster. I took it to a repair guy who said "Its cause your power supply isnt good enough to run this rig" so just to be safe I bought a 850 wattz power supply, more than enough for this computer.. 

I took it home and it ran fine for abotu a week and could run big games. but than it started doing it again and more and more frequently as time went on (( although that might just be in my head, theres a chance it was never actually fixed )) so i called him up and said it didnt work and he said "Well i ran it in my shop all night with stress testers and if it was gunna go out it woulda did it in my shop. it must be your outlets not being powerful enough to run your computer"

Now.. That doesnt sound right casue it can run my consoles just fine and my old PC and he said it had something to do with my circate board having 1 wire or 2? but we use a fuse box... 

anyway... heres the situation. recently it started going out more often as the summer gets closer and when it does go out it will crash like 3 or 4 times in a row when i try to boot it back up before ever reaching the main screen. Could that be a hint? If it was a power thing would it be going out when my computer isnt doing anything just booting up? Is this more likely to be an overheating issue? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

have you tried to just let it idle overnight and see if it idles fine? it is possible you have what they call dirty power in your outlets but that issue is very few and far between with a new power supply in I don't forsee a power issue but it could possibly be a bad ram stick or overheating. I suggest letting it idle overnight 24+ hours and see if it lasts that long idle doing nothing on it

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:56 AM

Prior topic:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606015/random-crashes-complete-shut-down/#entry3939895 .

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Once you provide the above requested data...this topic will be moved to what seems a more appropriate forum.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 May 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#4 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

have you tried to just let it idle overnight and see if it idles fine? it is possible you have what they call dirty power in your outlets but that issue is very few and far between with a new power supply in I don't forsee a power issue but it could possibly be a bad ram stick or overheating. I suggest letting it idle overnight 24+ hours and see if it lasts that long idle doing nothing on it

Its random. sometimes when i let it idle over night it shuts down and sometimes it doesnt... although its more and more frequent and my room is getting hotter so i think it may be a heating issue as summer slowly returns. and when i bring the fan closer it happens less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users