Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files Held Ransom

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tauni

Tauni

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

I have been infected with the newest variant of Trojan-Ransom.Win32.CryptXXX.  All my files (Including my Passport detachable disk drive) have the .crypt extension added and i even have tried Kaspersky Rannohdecryptor but got the pop up message that this variant is not supported.  Is there any new decryption software I can try or are my files in lock up till one becomes available?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:44 PM

You have already posted in several topics (and multi-posted at that). Please do not post the same thing multiple times, you will be helped with time. Remember, the members of this forum are all volunteers, so posting over and over will only make your posts more likely to be overlooked since they are scattered.

If the RannohDecrypter states that your version is not supported, then there is nothing else that can be done I'm afraid. If the ransom note is named something like "!Recovery_ABCDEF123456.html", then you have the newest version of the malware that is still under analysis. You can only backup your data and hope that the newest version of CryptXXX gets cracked. You can follow the support topic for any developments. 

CryptXXX Ransomware Support and Help Topic (.crypt ext, de_crypt_readme.html)

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users