Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IP Being Blocked

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:10 AM

Can someone help me fix this

GMvJnO2.png

Thanks, pcpunk

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

What happens when you click on each of these two links?

AM 790 The Ticket | South Florida’s Sports Leader

Listen Live

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,101 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:22 PM

Sorry, should have known it was something stupid on my end.  And didn't even post the link I was using? doh!

I clicked on those links buddy and they worked!  Then I went back and tried the link I used when having the problem, and then, (again) chose "Listen Live" under "On Demand" and that's when I got that Error, try it with the link below if you like.  Just a rookie move on my part, thanks for setting me straight.  I think it is the way I have saved that On Demand link, it was kind of a shortcut and the website don't like to be used that way.

http://www.theticketmiami.com/on-demand/

Edited by pcpunk, 23 May 2016 - 08:58 AM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 devilus

devilus

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:33 AM

What happens when you click on each of these two links?

AM 790 The Ticket | South Florida’s Sports Leader

Listen Live

I never visited these websites before. However I too get an error when clicking on the first link (Error Code 16). Why?

Self-built PC, Lian-Li PC-A70B, GA-EX38-DS5, Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Leadtek 9600GT, Kingston 4GB DDR2, Enermax Galaxy 850W

Selective boot (F12):

Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit, installed 2008, Samsung HD502HJ (500GB, SATA)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, installed 2016, Samsung 850 EVO (120GB, SSD)

Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64 bit, installed 2018, Intel 320 (120GB, SSD)

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,314 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:52 AM

devilus...from a brief search I found Chrome users complaining about getting Error Code 16. Seems most were using

Avast and a few were using AVG. Once the settings were changed for those two or their browser protection was disabled....no 

more Error Code 16.

Both of those programs...Avast and AVG...install adware in browsers if you are using their free versions.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,101 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:02 AM

@buddy215, did you get the Code when trying the way I did?  I am using Avast Free.

That makes sense about avast considering the Error:  "This request was blocked by security rules"

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,314 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

I'm using Firefox on Linux. Have no use for any antivirus program. I was responding to devilus. His getting an error code 16

might be a geographical problem if not a security program problem. Will know more when he responds.

Suggest disabling extensions in browser(s) put there by Avast and AVG.

#8 devilus

devilus

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

I'm using Firefox on Linux. Have no use for any antivirus program. I was responding to devilus. His getting an error code 16

might be a geographical problem if not a security program problem. Will know more when he responds.

Suggest disabling extensions in browser(s) put there by Avast and AVG.

I'm now at home using XP computer. At office I tried it by disabling Avast temporary. Same error occured again. I'm using Firefox without Avast extension. Didn't have time to try out Firefox's security settings.

At home:

Avast disabled, Firefox Security Settings enabled : Error Code 16

Avast enabled, Firefox Security Settings disabled : Error Code 16

Avast disabled, Firefox security settings disabled : No error code, Waiting for...

(I don't want to be infected :unsure: )

:)

(Firefox Security Settings : Blocked reported attack sites and Block reported web forgeries)

(No Avast extension in Firefox. Avast Online Security disabled because of incompatibility)

By the way, what is this website for?

Self-built PC, Lian-Li PC-A70B, GA-EX38-DS5, Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Leadtek 9600GT, Kingston 4GB DDR2, Enermax Galaxy 850W

Selective boot (F12):

#9 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,101 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:49 PM

Thanks buddy, I have what I need! :thumbup2:

By the way, what is this website for?

This is a sports radio station, in particular the Mixed Martial Arts link.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#10 devilus

devilus

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

I think the people in Bleeping forums have a right to learn the cause and solution of this problem.

Selective boot (F12):

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users