Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Graphics blur in games after multiple fresh windows installs.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 phil0sophy

phil0sophy

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:05 AM

Last week I had to reinstall windows because of me stupidly trying to take ownership of C:\ (never again) anyway, I reinstalled Windows 10 and ever since I have had this issue which has been driving me up the wall.

I have tried everything to remedy it now, multiple driver installs (using DDU in safe mode) taking my gpu out and putting it back in, multiple windows reinstalls, fixed the DPI issues on windows 10, made sure scaling is set correctly, I am literally running out of ideas! (GTX 980 GPU btw)

Basically, I have my PC connected to my HDTV and before the fresh install of windows I was having no problems with this at all, since then I have noticed (in games only it seems) that there is some sort of "motion blur" I have checked youtube videos for reference and nobody else seems to be having this problem.

It kind of feels like a refresh rate issue, like I can see some sort of Ghosting on the image?

I have provided a video clip that I have slowed down so you can see what I am talking about...(maybe NSFW because it is doom, so be warned of gore etc)

https://youtu.be/ZxLnc2yvhhM

Now look at his arms when he jumps, it's like there is a double image? That happens at full speed as well and it's noticeable, I have just slowed the video down so you can really see it (note this is at 1080p running at ultra with motion blur off)

What could be causing this? Or is this normal? It seems to be happening in other games as well (Rocket league for example) am I literally just going crazy? Does this thing happen to anyone else? Or is there something wrong somewhere with my settings? Or Drivers?

Any ideas would be welcome as it's really bugging me and I am not going to reinstall windows again for like the 10th time lol.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:26 AM

Make sure to set correct native resolution for the HDTV. Try previous graphic card driver if latest version of the graphic card driver is no working.

Posted Image

#3 phil0sophy

phil0sophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:55 AM

Make sure to set correct native resolution for the HDTV. Try previous graphic card driver if latest version of the graphic card driver is no working.

Done both, the issue still remains.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:06 AM

You only see smooth motion when the graphics card is locked to the monitor refresh, typically called 'vsync' and there are no dropped frames. If your monitor is working at 60Hz which most do, then you need the graphics card to animate the game at 60 frames per second (fps). If it does so at 30fps or any other rate, then you see effects like judder, screen tearing etc.

Posted Image

#5 phil0sophy

phil0sophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:44 AM

You only see smooth motion when the graphics card is locked to the monitor refresh, typically called 'vsync' and there are no dropped frames. If your monitor is working at 60Hz which most do, then you need the graphics card to animate the game at 60 frames per second (fps). If it does so at 30fps or any other rate, then you see effects like judder, screen tearing etc.

Oh I know, the issue I seem to be having though is that it is blurring with motion, the framerate is a constant 60fps with vsync on, not getting any tearing or such.

My hdtv is showing as generic pnp monitor could that be something to do with it?

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

PnP has nothing do with double image frame rate and refresh rate will cause image ghosting make sure to set correct refresh rate for the HDTV.

"Adaptive VSync"
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/adaptive-vsync/technology

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users