Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" BSOD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kieran777

Kieran777

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

I randomly started getting this error around a week ago. I took it into a repair shop, which removed some malware which AVG hadn't picked up and cleaned out the insides of my PC, and reattached the CPU which had apparently become 'unpasted', or something of the sort. I've updated most drivers that I'm aware of, and yet the problem still persists.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. I tried to attach the minidump from the most recent crash but it says I'm not permitted to upload the file. I wasn't doing anything labour intensive on the PC at the time; CPU was at around 50% as I recall...

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

how did you update the drivers? did you use a all in one program?

#3 Kieran777

Kieran777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

how did you update the drivers? did you use a all in one program?

I just went through them all on the Windows Drivers and right-clicked "Update Drivers" on each. Is there an all-in-one programme I could use?

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:26 PM

no don't use a all in one program I had to ask with a previous mention of malware as that can usually cause errors with pc's

have you tried to perform a system restore to a earlier date? (windows key + R>run>rstrui.exe)

#5 Kieran777

Kieran777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

no don't use a all in one program I had to ask with a previous mention of malware as that can usually cause errors with pc's

have you tried to perform a system restore to a earlier date? (windows key + R>run>rstrui.exe)

Okay, I won't use an all in one program.

Yes, I performed a system restore, with the restore point being a week prior to the onset of the issue.

#6 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:04 PM

the best option I have at this point for you would be a fresh install of windows 10

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:46 AM

Right clicking on drivers to update them will cause the system to check Windows/Microsoft Update for any available updates.

Unfortunately, Microsoft does not reliably get updates from the device manufacturers - so they don't necessarily have the most updated drivers.

The best place to get drivers from is the manufacturer's website - but some OEM's modify drivers, so you may have to check there also.

Beyond that, Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users