Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot exchange emails with friend

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 debodun

debodun

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

Suddenly a friend and I are having trouble receiving emails from each other. She uses a different service (Road Runner) than I do (Yahoo). Besides Yahoo, I have a Gmail and RR account, so I did an experiment - I sent a test message to each account from each other account. The results were that my RR sent messages were received by both Yahoo and GM. Of the two messages sent from Yahoo, GM received, but RR did not. Of the two messages sent from GM, Yahoo received, but RR did not. Maybe a flow chart would help seeing what happened (below - green are completed transmissions - pink didn't go through).

email_zpsvsqrzne4.jpg

Now I'm confused - her messages from RR are not received by my Yahoo, but my RR message was and I cannot receive her RR messages in my Yahoo.

Any idea what's going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:44 PM

Both should use another email service.....not RR.  Obviously, from your tests, that is a solution. Why RR is not receiving can best be

answered at their forum. Maybe it is just a temporary problem.

Edited by buddy215, 21 May 2016 - 02:46 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:25 PM

Hi,

Besides the Buddy suggestion make sure the messages are not in the SPAM folder.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 debodun

debodun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:44 PM

No, they aren't in the SPAM folder.

#5 debodun

debodun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

No, they aren't in the SPAM folder.

I did post a message on the RR help forum. No helpful suggestions. Here is their answer:

Without the messages coming through or any sort of bounce back messages, there is not much we can do to deduce what the problem may be.

#6 debodun

debodun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:51 PM

I tried again today to send email between my Yahoo and RR accounts. Each message went through RR to Yahoo and Yahoo to RR.

However, my friend still can't receive my emails from Yahoo and I can't receive her emails directly to my Yahoo account. A work-around so far has been to have her send mail to my RR account and have that forwarded to my Yahoo.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

Seems your friend needs to get a Yahoo account or anything other than Road Runner. Outlook, Gmail are other options.

It's a long shot but check at TWC Postmaster Site  to see if your Yahoo account has been blocked by Time Warner.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,048 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:16 AM

Make sure your friend didn't create a rule to block your address by mistake

Instructions here under Manage TWC Mail > Allow and block messages

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#9 debodun

debodun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

I think we've sorted it out. I noticed that mail she sent to me in my RR account had teh wrong date. I told her to chang it and since then it's been okay. Go figure. Thanks for all the suggestions, though.

#10 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,048 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for reporting the solution. :thumbup2:

___
Rui

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:21 PM

Who wouldathunkit....did you let her play her woman's card? :)

I hope I remember that the next time around...thanks for posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users