Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building Second/First Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 newb2tech

newb2tech

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

I built my first computer in 8th grade around 03 and since then have lost touch with technology, I have had several laptops bought for me with what seems like good specs yet usually end up to be carp ... Yet after spending 3 days researching laptops and 1 day looking through laptops I have decided to build my own. Yet I now know nothing about computers again ( I remember how to assemble it but had to look up what all the different processors do, HDD vs SSD drives, etc... I have found a few builds around the internet and I think I have narrowed it down to 2 all are under $400. I would like to know what you think about the hardware and if anything should be upgraded (I am flexible in price but I would like to keep it under 500 since i'm going to need a monitor hopefully 400). I would love to be able to let you guys have $900 to play around with but i'm still a student and cant afford it yet lol. Thanks again guys I appreciate your help!

*I still dont know which tower to use, which power supply and which cooling system to use*

Build A:

Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor
MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
XFX Radeon R7 250X 2GB Core Edition Video Card
Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Build B:
AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Western Digital AV-GP 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
MSI Radeon R7 250X 1GB Video Card
Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Edited by hamluis, 22 May 2016 - 03:05 PM.
Edited topic title - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

If really have to choose from those two, I'd take lower one. At least it's quad core. However change at least HDD to 1TB one.

Almost any Micro ATX case can handle those. Add at least one fan to back of case if not included.

#3 newb2tech

newb2tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

Do you have a processor and motherboard, kind of in the same price range in mind? I can go up some on the price what do you recommend?

Best,

Brad

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

Do you have a processor and motherboard, kind of in the same price range in mind? I can go up some on the price what do you recommend?

Best,

Brad

For low price, I would take Asus M5A97 motherboard and cheapest AM3 quad core available (FX-4300 or even used Phenom II). Later upgrade to FX-8320/FX-8320e/FX-8350 depending prices and availability.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:41 AM

Don't forget the operating system, this will add $100 onto the price.  That is, if you want to use Windows and not Linux.

3939.png

#6 newb2tech

newb2tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:26 AM

I have been reading a lot and I think i7 4790k I might be able to get new for 200 and I could start with gaz97mx gaming 5 mobo I might also be able to get for under 100.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users