Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sanyo TV, HDMI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kdymple

Kdymple

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

I recently was given a Sanyo 42 inch Flatsceen TV that has no remote.  I do not have cable at my house but do have internet. My question being is what channel do i have to set the TV up on to hook the HDMI cord to my computer.  I have literally tried everything and I have clue on how to do this.  If anyone is willing to help I would greatly appreciate it.

Keri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:16 PM

A model number would help.  Most units do have menu buttons on either side or top/bottom.  Button number one is power .  Number two and three are volume, up/down, four, five channel, up/down and the fifth the menu entry key and the sixth the exit key.  enter the menu and use channel select to move to different options and select input,  HDMI and the number if more than one you're plugged into.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

You can also buy replacement remote controllers. If you can't find a Sanyo one you can buy general purpose ones. These come with a list of compatible models by make and model, there is code against each model and as part of the set-up you have to enter this code. Then the remote is matched to your TV.

In the UK they are in the £10 - 20 range and available from all the usual suspects - Argos, Curry's, Maplins, Amazon etc, etc !  You should also be able to download the manual for this TV from the Sanyo site.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users