After updating w2k3 to sp2 there is a high cpu usage on every program i run, and medium/high cpu on "idle". Only reverting to sp1 works.
This are my specs:
Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2
HP Proliant ML350 G4
Intel Xeon 3.0 mhz
- On idle Task manager shows itselft (taskmgr.exe) at 14 ~ 18% cpu. Process Explorer shows itselft at 20~28 % cpu.
- 1~2% hardware interrupts.
- Explorer at 2% on idle, and raising on folder navigation (Process explorer threads shows high cpu on BROWSERUI.DLL and SHLWAPI.dll)
- Decompression from setups takes an eternity (Though i think winrar or similar work ok)
- Often high cpu on wbemcore.dll and wlnotify.dll
- Apache httpd.exe cpu goes up for a very long time, so very slow navigation on server. Same but with lower cpu for a lot of programs.
- Long high cpu at startup on winlogon
- Perfmon shows high USER time on cpu at httpd.exe, for example.
Tried so far:
- Clean boot
- Disable Windows Firewall/ICS
- sfc /scannow
- WMI Disable / Restore, re-register, repair, restore/recompile .mof
- Disable windows update
- Disable all posible services
- Disconnect LAN cable / Disable adapter
- Update NIC Ethernet, Smart Array drivers
- Disconnect all possible external hardware
- A bunch of post sp2 microsoft updates and hotfixes (Windows and Internet Explorer)
- Disable intelppm.sys after seeing it on top of krview list (the intel processor driver. It raises cpu sometimes. Once disabled device manager shows a warning on processor driver, but it seems to work, though then HAL is on top of krview list with a high percentage).
- Anti virus, malware, adware analisis
- Disable microsoft audio driver (something about problems with UAA High Definition Audio Driver)
I am not right now in front of the machine, so no more information for now and maybe some error on it. Thanks in advance.