Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iphone 4S: USB to Itunes logo stuck

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ry12

ry12

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:16 AM

I'd first like to start by saying this isn't my phone, I'm not interested in Apple products at all and this experience made me dislike them even more.

So a family member has an Iphone 4S, here's the story, (just in case there's a connection to the prob)

The battery on this phone was expanding and it almost looked like it was going to blow up, it even cracked the back cover! Therefore we ordered a new battery and replaced it ourselves which was ridiculously time consuming.

The phone started just fine, the battery was charging and so on...

In just a few minutes, there was a notification that an update had to be made so I accepted. The system restarted and the next thing you know I get this Itunes logo with a USB enter at the bottom. I thought it was as simple as doing that but nothing happened.

Next thing you know his Ipad had the same update and it messed it up too. Why, how and for what reason does an update ruin your phone? More cash from repairs? Anyway...

Through Itunes we managed to ''fix'' the Ipad, of course losing all the memory to the stupidity. The Iphone on the other hand is making life more complicated.

When connecting the Iphone to the Computer (same way we fixed the ipad), Itunes suggests we try to recover files first which is a complete waste of time so we opted to factory reset it. Just like the ipad, the apple logo shows up on the phone and the bar stars to fill up.

However the problem is that the bar gets stuck almost to the end and the download/reset is interrupted each and ever time. It's almost like the the computer loses connection to the USB and needs to be done again, but it always gets stuck to that last bit.

Any help? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users