Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jarens

jarens

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:22 AM

Hello,

Please help, Just installed a new HD, have win7 installed, but I need to get my internet going. I know there is no ethernet driver and maybe more drivers that I need, you have helped me in the past, so I hope you can help me again and hope you can point me in the right direction. 

Thank you, kind regards.

Joop Arens ​

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

You need to install the drivers for the motherboard. Without those, your system will not perform properly, including internet connection, sound, chipset drivers, video (if you have integrated video on the mobo), etc. The drivers would have been already installed from the factory when you bought the unit, or if you built the computer yourself, they came on a CD that was provided.

If you do not have the motherboard drivers on a CD then you must go to your mobo's (motherboard) manufacturer's website and download the drivers for your make and model.  If you do not know your mobo's information, go to the computer manufacturer's website (example, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Acer, etc.) and find the model of your computer and hope that they will either provide the system drivers for download, or at least tell you mobo information.

You can also download Speccy system analyzer, free  edition. Install it and let it scan your computer, maybe it will post information about your mobo.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 jarens

jarens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:02 AM

Thank you verry much for the advice, have every thing in controll, have one small problem, but I will get along.

Kind regards

Joop Arens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users