Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broken ASUS G73JH

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mersmes

Mersmes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:16 PM

I can't boot up my ASUS G73JH; when I press the power button, the computer doesn't post. After flashing the vbios for no really good reason, the computer kept freezing, so I downloaded an earlier version online to revert (which was probably my mistake).When I restarted after the 2nd flash, the computer wouldn't post. The caps and num lock keys are off and I can't change them, and I can hear some fans running as well as the ODD spinning when I open and close it. After some research online, I've tried moving ram sticks around, resetting the cmos by holding down the power button and trying the button on the underside with a paperclip, and blind flashing. My flash drive has a light indicating usage, however the light doesn't flash leading me to believe this isn't a bricked gpu. Is this fixable or will I have to contact my nearest ASUS representative? The only thing I can think of is disassembling the computer and taking out the cmos battery. Also, sorry if this is on the wrong forum. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:34 PM

Take a look at others in similar situations:  Google .

Louis

#3 Mersmes

Mersmes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

I have taken out the CMOS battery (twice) for over half an hour and after reassembly the laptop still doesn't work. I think the computer is dead. Thanks for the help though.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:12 PM

See this thread. Do this at your own risk. There one file and one folder in the HP tools folder. One is the HP formatter and the other is the Windows boot files. Only format your USB flash drive FAT32, not NTFS. At the HP formatter screen select the button - Use MSDos files located at and browse to the folder. 

Your first option should be to contact ASUS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users