Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Person of Interest" and Linux Geeks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:23 PM

This is a decent show but what caught my eye watching recently was the cool title, Root-centric "/"

"This week's excellent episode of Person of Interest, the Root-centric "/" (computer speak for "root directory"), took that idea a step further and put a new spin on it in an hour that asked a different question: What if, for once, WE learned something from the Machine instead of the other way around?" 

http://www.tv.com/shows/person-of-interest-2011/community/post/person-of-interest-season-3-episode-17-review-139516386266/

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:23 PM

Love person of interest. Been a while since I watched it. I've seen seasons 1-3. I have season 4 on DVD but haven't watched it yet, and won't be for a while.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,252 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

Yeah it's pretty good, and I'm a big Sarah Shahi Fan.

Can't wait for Mr.Robot!  I watch a little "Limitless" series because of the movie "Limitless", the series not as good...maybe.  One of my favorite movies of all time "Limitless" with Bradly Cooper and Robert De niro: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limitless_(film)

Adios! pcpunk

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

I quite liked the movie Limitless. I watched a few minutes of the premeire of the TV series, but didn't keep with it. It seemed okay from what I saw.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:12 PM

This season will be the series finale for Person of Interest.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 66Batmobile

66Batmobile

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

This season will be the series finale for Person of Interest.

I can't decide whether I'm sad about that or relieved that they won't be around to scare me with technological possibilites...

Whatever it was...I didn't do it!

#7 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:05 PM

Lol!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,252 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:49 PM

Watching this more and really like it.  At first didn't seem so awesome, but now really is good, or maybe I just didn't get it at first.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#9 66Batmobile

66Batmobile

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

I've liked (and yes, been scared by) what I've seen, but Finch (the main guy with the glasses)...I don't know, it's like he's overplaying how detatched and strange his character is supposed to be for my taste.  Almost like he's trying to come across as "otherworldly"...

Whatever it was...I didn't do it!

#10 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,252 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

It's not perfect yes lol.  Finch is a SuperGeek so the options are many for his character.  What bothers me the most is the Low Talker John Reese lol  I don't really watch enough to judge but just for fun.  Usually I'm doing something else and will try to take in as much as possible, but I will try to follow closer in the future. 

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users