Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Pavilion a6403w(boot issues)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kjo1992

kjo1992

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

So I have been trying everything i can think of to fix this computer. (I'm fixing it for someone else, it's not mine) I ran diagnostics when I first got it and it said the RAM had failed, so I bought brand new RAM and it fixed absolutely nothing, thought the new RAM was faulty, swapped for 2 new sticks, still fixed nothing. 

So what's happening is sometimes it will load to the "Windows is loading files" screen and it will either freeze there or it will load past but end at a blank screen and stay that way forever, or it will go to the Microsoft loading screen and at that point I will get a BSOD that has a different error code each time, I don't remember the exact codes but I researched them as they appeared and they were all either a file system error, a memory error, or a driver error.  

So I loaded to recovery disc and the same thing(yes I set boot order to CD first, and I reset CMOS). I even attempted a reinstall with a brand new hard drive. I can't run HP diagnostics either because it either doesn't load or it freezes during the process.

Basically no matter what I do it freezes or I get a BSOD.

Not sure what other information would be needed. Let me know if I need to add any specs or anything.

It's running Vista Home Premium 32 bit. 

EDIT: Also should mention I cannot boot in safe mode either. Same thing happens when I attempt to. 

Edited by kjo1992, 20 May 2016 - 04:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

kinda what my compaq did, so now its in vista compaq heaven.  good luck with you and your friend.

#3 kjo1992

kjo1992
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

kinda what my compaq did, so now its in vista compaq heaven.  good luck with you and your friend.

I'm hoping this one doesn't end up in vista heaven, but I am starting to lose hope on it. 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:31 AM

Have you resolved the problem? For this computer see if loading a linux distro like Mint works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users