Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gadget guard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

What in the world is gadget guard?? My son has played on my phone as well as being able to remotely download things to my phone from Google play on my laptop! I have no idea how to prevent him from doing that. I now notice something on my phone called gadget guard! I don't have the option to uninstall it!!! Please help!!

Edit: Moved topic from Cell Phones to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,836 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

I have the same answer that you got here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-apps/681338-what-gadget-guard.html#post5187648

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

gadget guard appears to be a scam app from the looks of this site  ( https://www.androidpit.com/app/com.gadgetguard )[I just googled gadget guard.apk and that came up

as per removal no idea but there should be a way to disable the application

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,836 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

I get

This site can’t be reached

www.gadgetguard.in’s server DNS address could not be found.

When I enter the URL in any of my browsers.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users