Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson Expression 1640XL yellow line

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alexhc

alexhc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:04 AM

I'm scanning with an Epson Expression 1640XL and getting a faint yellow line across scanned images. It always appears in the same position. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing it and how to fix it?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

After researching your problem it seems that you need to clean the glass and mirrors to resolve the issue. The URL below is the user manual for that model and it should give you the instructions on how to disassemble and clean it. 

https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/exp16x/exp16xu1.pdf

#3 alexhc

alexhc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

Thanks! The user manual doesn't actually tell you how to disassemble it (I guess you need the service manual for that). Nevertheless, I managed to open it up and clean everything and it seems to have fixed it.

#4 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

Alright Awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users