Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So Many Problems...where To Start...please! Help Me!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 monkeybutt

monkeybutt

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:20 AM

Alright, I'm think I'm going to start with the first and by far most difficult problem in fixing everything!
Each time I try to post my Hijack This log it tells me to download the newest version! Ok, not a problem, the first time it told me to I did! Ten minutes or so later I try to post the newest log, and I get the same message.
I'm getting pop ups like mad when I'm online, I recently downloaded Sygate Personal Firewall and that keeps freezing, although it had helped rid me of a whole lot of spyware. I tried to download ZoneAlarm, but that was incompatible with my OS, I'm running Windows ME.
If there is anything you can suggest to help, please, please, PLEASE help me!

monkeybutt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:58 AM

What is the version of HJT that you have installed?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 monkeybutt

monkeybutt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:47 PM

The one that the message relayed to me suggested, 1.99.0.1

#4 monkeybutt

monkeybutt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:05 PM

Also, it keeps telling me that HJT was started as a temp file and that I should move it into its own folder when I run it, but when I try to do that all it does is puts a short cut in the folder. Should I try another version?

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:17 AM

You may need to download the program again. I downloaded it to a separate disk and installed it from there.

Here are instructions for how to get it into your program files and how to create a shortcut for the program on your desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/25912/unzip-hijackthismake-a-shortcut/

Good luck,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 monkeybutt

monkeybutt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:21 PM

Alright! It worked! Thanks so much orangeblossom!

My log has been posted here so if anyone can help translate it (its all numbers and figures to me..have better luck understanding my three month old daughter..) I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Yours;
MonkeyButt :thumbsup:

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

Glad it worked.

Note: Only members of the HJT team are allowed to help interpret or use the HJT log. Please read the quote from quietman7 below. It's very important.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have no replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log here.

After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files on your own, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modification you make may complicate the malware removal process and could adversely affect your system.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users