Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:20 AM
I found this in Google forums:
"The source server (where you are fetching the messages from) is responsible for keeping track of what messages have been fetched and which ones need to be downloaded the next time a request is made. If that other server "forgets" which messages have already been downloaded, then the next fetch sees all the past history as new and gets it all again. One way to prevent this is to configure it so the messages are deleted after being downloaded. That way if the server ever "forgets" in the future, there won't be years of old messages showing up as new.
So I would say that either the setting change (delete after one week) or breaking the POP connection with that server would fix the problem."
I didn't understand it completely. Not sure if it's related to the problem I have. Anyway, neither me nor my wife have configured a POP server.
Self-built PC, Lian-Li PC-A70B, GA-EX38-DS5, Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Leadtek 9600GT, Kingston 4GB DDR2, Enermax Galaxy 850W
Selective boot (F12):
Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit, installed 2008, Samsung HD502HJ (500GB, SATA)
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, installed 2016, Samsung 850 EVO (120GB, SSD)
Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64 bit, installed 2018, Intel 320 (120GB, SSD)