Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what would be the best set up for NAT on these servers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aryan3119

Aryan3119

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:49 PM

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. Here is a scenario:

You have received and e-mail from a user in your company. He has set up a network at his house and everything, at least in his mind, has been working well. He is now moving to another house and wants to move his servers. His question is this:

"When I move to a new location soon, they will only give me five IP addresses for the short term. I was wondering what would be the best set up for NAT on these servers. I will have a total of seven servers at my house. The IP addresses need to be split as two for DNS servers and then the other three I want to use for clients needing SSL."

"How do I set this up?"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:44 AM

This looks like a homework question.  You will need to puzzle this out yourself.

On the other hand I can tell you no company IT dept is authorized to support noncompany networks.  Most have policies stating this.

Home dns servers don't need public ip since they are not authorized to be part of public dns. 

This is where forwarding in the dns server comes in.

Have fun learning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users