Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overheating CPU and nothing works

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yukeee

yukeee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

Hello there. I don't know if this is the right place, but here it is.

I've been having this problem with my computer for some months now. He keeps getting too hot and then turns off.
I use msi afterburner to monitor my temperature, and when I play some game (or watch something in 1080p), my CPU temperature rises up to 80, 85 degrees celsius, and then turns off.
Here to the specs:
My motherboard is a msi 990FXA-GD65;
My video is a GeForce GTX660;
My processor is a AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor.
I recently bought a new cooler, a Cooler Master Blizzard T2, but it has not improved my situation not even a little bit, and I already use the force fan control that MSI offers. Even then, it is not enough.
I know my cooler isn't the most modern, but it is one of the best available here in my small town in Brazil.

So, that said, I wonder if anyone know a way to help me.
Me wants some games.
Thank you 002.png

Edited by yukeee, 19 May 2016 - 07:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MajesticFailure

MajesticFailure

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

Hi, n00b here but i know for sure that Corsair CX600 is your PSU (power supply unit) not your CPU (central processing unit, i.e. processor).

I think they'd want you to give full spec, including CPU model and exact RAM spec too.

#3 MajesticFailure

MajesticFailure

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

I see you've updated some specs, but i think they'd want to know your exact CPU speed as well, and the full RAM spec

Perhaps feed the data into: http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

(to see if your PSU is powerful enough)

Edited by MajesticFailure, 19 May 2016 - 07:56 PM.

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

I recently bought a new cooler, a Cooler Master Blizzard T2, ....

Could it be that thermal-compound was disturbed at some point (maybe when fan was changed or previously)? If there is air-flow; therms are not being transferred properly from CPU to heat-sink. If there is adequate contact then there may be other failure(s) in hardware, incompatibility or driver issues.

Edit: What are normal averages of CPU and memory (RAM) usage/%?

Edited by bludgard, 19 May 2016 - 09:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users