Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Most likely stupid credit card question ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 araragi

araragi

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

I realized I got too much money on my best buy credit card, but don't have a single thing I want there.

So I see that amazon accepts all major credit and debit cards. Will I be able to use my best buy credit card on amazon?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DanieI

DanieI

• Banned
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

Best Buy Credit Card? ... Do you mean a gift card for Best Buy? No, you cannot use those on Amazon. Sorry! :( I usually do all my online shopping on Amazon, except it sucks because they don't accept PayPal... I refuse to switch to Ebay though. I just use a virtual credit card.

#3 Daydreamed

Daydreamed

• Members
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:20 PM

A Best Buy credit card can only be used for Best buy. Does it by chance say 'Visa' at the bottom?

- Daydreamed

#4 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:24 PM

It sadly doesn't say Visa at the bottom. And no it is not a gift card, it is a credit card.

Do you think they'd let me take out the money from there?

Edited by araragi, 19 May 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#5 DanieI

DanieI

• Banned
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

It sadly doesn't say Visa at the bottom. And no it is not a gift card, it is a credit card.

Do you think they'd let me take out the money from there?

I don't know. It's only usable for Best Buy (the money) though...

#6 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:29 PM

How about the idea of changing the card to Visa? Don't know if it's possible since google shown no related results.

#7 DanieI

DanieI

• Banned
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:29 PM

How about the idea of changing the card to Visa? Don't know if it's possible since google shown no related results.

You can't change it, but you can buy something in Best Buy that's worth however much you've got on your card.

Best Buy has some nice stuff, get a headset or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users