Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer shuts down when gaming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 kunfushion

kunfushion

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:50 PM

I posted this before and then it took awhile for my pc to shut down so I didn't get the info right away so I'm reposting this with the links.

My computer has been shutting down for a little while now when playing games. I was fixing this problem (lazily) by opening up the side of my computer and running a box fan in with msi afterburner open and cranking the fans somewhat hard. What was weird to me is that my gpu wasn't getting overly hot, the hottest I saw it was 76c. My computer was very very dusty and I was planning on taking the whole thing apart and doing a thorough dusting of it for awhile and I finally did that a couple days ago when it crashed right away. It's free of dust now and was working well with my gpu staying in the mid 50's with no extra fan running on it. It just crashed after a couple days of it working fine with no dust and now I don't know what to do. I just ran a check on my ram and that came back with no problems. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DanieI

DanieI

• Banned
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

Crashing is very very broad, and I'm not sure if I could help you. My PC crashes for a lot of reasons. It crashes when I try Ubuntu since I'm AMD, it crashes when I play bleeding edge games that I've dedicated 512 MB to,etc.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

Please see my comments in your other post here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614110/computer-shuts-down-when-gaming/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:54 PM

Your other topic is still on-going. To avoid confusion, this one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users