Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 ISO

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ibm8999

ibm8999

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:48 PM

Hi

I downloaded a Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft.

I went to the folder where I saved it and found this file name:

Win10_1511_1_English_x32.iso.part

It is not recognised by imgburn.

I deleted the .part but then I wondered that before I went ahead to burn it, am I doing the right thing here?

File type is PART FILE

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:49 PM

The download was stopped before it completed. This file is not complete, hence the reason that it is not recognized.

You need a complete ISO image.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

Just to reinforce what Rocky mentioned, any file you find with a .part extension is a partial (hence, part) download that didn't complete (or that's in the process of downloading at the moment).  You can catch part files "in action" during the period where a large download is in progress.  As soon as it successfully completes the .part extension is removed.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#4 ibm8999

ibm8999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am a little disappointed as it took 5hrs to download...........

Someone once said 'I'm going outside - I shall be sometime'

John

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,772 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

John,

Something was very wrong then, in one way or another.  The ISO shouldn't take nearly that long to download unless you're on dial-up.

Brian

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

I would use a download manager with your browser. It the download stops for some reason you can continue where the file download stopped.

#7 ibm8999

ibm8999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

OK.

Believe it or not, I am on broadband but not that you'd notice!

My router synch speed is approx 2Mb/s with a following wind, (copper wire to the exchange - very antique).

The file was about 3.5GB if I remember and it was this afternoon when I downloaded. This time does not surprise me much. If only I could magic up some fibre....

I use Firefox and there is a download manager? an addon called video downloadhelper, I don't know if this is what you mean.

Perhaps you could suggest a download manager?

John

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

I use Download them All. I use this but I am not sure it will pick up the Windows 10 iso download using the Media Creation Tool. If you use the direct iso download it will work.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

#9 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

OK.

Believe it or not, I am on broadband but not that you'd notice!

My router synch speed is approx 2Mb/s with a following wind, (copper wire to the exchange - very antique).

The file was about 3.5GB if I remember and it was this afternoon when I downloaded. This time does not surprise me much. If only I could magic up some fibre....

I use Firefox and there is a download manager? an addon called video downloadhelper, I don't know if this is what you mean.

Perhaps you could suggest a download manager?

John

Well man, that ain't broadband, not even close. Broadband here in the United States is defined as 25 mbps, and you ain't even close.  https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160122/05203433402/senators-whine-about-fccs-25-mbps-broadband-standard-insist-nobody-needs-that-much-bandwidth.shtml

But even at your antique speed, a Windows 10 ISO should only take about 4 to 5 hours so I think that you should try again.

Good luck.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users