Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me to Upgrade. Want No Heat. Compatible?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gamer-Singh

Gamer-Singh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:43 AM

I am going to upgrade my pc for high speed work ( and for gaming :) ).
I have a tight budget .
My old cpu details.
Mobo:- asus P5G4IC-M LX

Processor:- dual core E5700 3GHZ pentium

Ram :- 2Gb (worst for gaming)

HDD:- 1TB

PSU:- iball model :- LPE223-400 ATX switching power supply. 230 VAC

Cabinet :- iball (14 inch height) (7 inch breath) approx.

My new cpu(that what I want) details:-

MOBO:- Intel DG41WV cost(4500) (60$)

Processor:- will continue dual core . (Will change it to i7 when I will be having budget . So please confirm that my mobo will work with both processor)

Ram:- Transcend TS1GSK64V3H 8gb DDR3 cost (3000) (40$)

GPU(graphic card) :- Zotac Nvidea GeForce Gtx 750 ti 2Gb DDR5 cost (10,000) (140$)

What you think? I should change cabinet and PSU.
Price is in indian rupees.
My budget is 20k(300$) already things costing 18k (260$)
If I have to change PSU and Cabinet recommend me best and cheap(not quality) and should compatible with all stuff.
In cabinet i want HDMI port. Someone was saying it's good for future .

If your have better MOBO and GPU at that price please share with me. I checked many and selected but I can change if they also cost at that range. Prefer mobo intel( so it can work with i7)

My one friend was saying something by that PCL should be 3.0 . What's that? how I can take ?
Please reply ASAP.

Please check my things are compatible with each other .
Will work great next 2-3 years ?
I will able to play battlefield 4 ,gta 5 type of games?

Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:32 AM

As there are no motherboards that can be used with both an E5700 Pentium & also an i7 (of any variety) I think you need to re-think your upgrade strategy from the beginning..

You will be needing a decent PSU.

You're going to need CPU/Motherboard/RAM together - which will probably mean you'll need to use motherboard integrated graphics for a while & get a graphics card later (when you have a budget).

An HDMI port is not part of the case (cabinet) - if fitted it is part of either the motherboard integrated graphics or the graphics card (whichever one you're using)

Edited by rqt, 18 May 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#3 Gamer-Singh

Gamer-Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:27 AM

Thanks RTQ for reply . So what you recommend as MOBO below 80$? Without GPU . Game will run specially COD / battlefield 4? Which PSU( .....W). And a cabinet?
My asus MOBO don't support 1333 MHz ram (so I cannt use 8gb ram)which is needed to buff speed . I am dropping that Intel MOBO idea( it also not having any Benefit).

#4 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

According to the ASUS website your motherboard does support DDR3 1333MHz  RAM, but will only the RAM run at that speed if you have a CPU with 1333MHz or greater FSB speed (your CPU is only 800MHz FSB speed). It supports up to 8GB of either DDR2 or DDR3 RAM (but you cannot run a combination of the 2 types).

Unless you are upgrading your CPU I would not recommend changing  your motherboard. If you can get RAM cheaply then I would consider upgrading that, but I would not upgrade anything else until you are ready to essentially build a new PC.

It is not possible to spec a new PSU or case until you know what spec machine & motherboard size that you want to end up with (& unfortunately I have no idea what specs are required to run your games to the standard that you require)

Edited by rqt, 18 May 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#5 Gamer-Singh

Gamer-Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

After lot of thinking at last I m upgrading my pc.
What I choosen:-
Processor:- Intel core i5(4460) (190$)
MOBO:- Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H (130$)
RAM:- transcend TS1gsk64V3H 8Gb DDR3 (40$)
PSU:- Cooler Master Thunder 450W (35$)
GPU:- Zotac Nvidia GTX 750 ti DDR5 2GB.(145$)
Note:- I will buy GPU after two months due to shortage of budget.
I think they all compatible to each other . What you think?
Anyone have better suggestion to replace anything from list without changing my budget . Cost is given in USD.
This system will work great at 720p gaming? . (With GPU) . If u have better replacement which is affordable/cheaper but good as equal to them in quality the share it .
Thanks for your reply .:)

Edited by Gamer-Singh, 19 May 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Processor: Expensive, uses obsolete socket and not overclockable. For Intel you want LGA1151 socket.

Mobo: While that could overclock K CPU, cannot overclock i5-4460. Also uses obsolete socket. LGA1151 again.

Memory: OK but DDR4 for Intel is preferred.

PSU: Something better preferred.

GPU: In two months there are better options available.

With new GPU this rig is cheaper and OK for 1080p gaming: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2nDPmG

#7 Gamer-Singh

Gamer-Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

Thanks drilling machine. Intel processors are always costly . But why I buying it Becoz Amd processor heat up faster than Intel processors. Amd cost more electricity.(using Intel what I have spent more will be neutral) [thinking long term].
I want to correct you that Intel i5 4460 have LGA1150 socket .
MOBO:- you can give more variety.
PSU:- I m from india. I know well how good seasonic . But here not much demand and technical support. Crossair ruling .
GPU:- I will wait but not spending note than that Gtx 750 cost.:)
Processor can overclockable.
Most of people recommend Amd. But I fixed with Intel . You can tell me more (better) bout MOBO . I will compare them. (Should not cost more) . :)

#8 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

Thanks drilling machine. Intel processors are always costly . But why I buying it Becoz Amd processor heat up faster than Intel processors. Amd cost more electricity.(using Intel what I have spent more will be neutral) [thinking long term].
PSU:- I m from india. I know well how good seasonic . But here not much demand and technical support. Crossair ruling .
GPU:- I will wait but not spending note than that Gtx 750 cost. :)
Most of people recommend Amd. But I fixed with Intel . You can tell me more (better) bout MOBO . I will compare them. (Should not cost more) . :)

I said that for Intel you want LGA1151 socket that replaced LGA1150.

CPU: i5-6500 (or i5-6600K if want to overclock)

Mobo: Any motherboard is OK (unlessa want to overclock, then Z170 chipset one)

Mem: DDR4 for LGA1151

PSU: OK

GPU: There will be new ones, cost to be seen.

#9 Gamer-Singh

Gamer-Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

I have to play games for two months without GPU . I want MOBO for long term . 6th generation processor are too damn costly ( not damn lol ) I cannt go above in price so please tell anything else . :) ram ddr4 hmmmm again expensive :(.
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6500-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4460

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4460

Edited by Gamer-Singh, 19 May 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#10 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

I have to play games for two months without GPU . I want MOBO for long term . 6th generation processor are too damn costly ( not damn lol ) I cannt go above in price so please tell anything else . :) ram ddr4 hmmmm again expensive :(.
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6500-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4460

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4460

Not again. That CPU boss is worst site I have ever read.

If you want long term, then LGA1151 is only choice as LGA1150 parts will have very limited availability after couple of years. LGA1155 is only 5 years old and it's already almost impossible to find anything else than very basic motherboards.

#11 Gamer-Singh

Gamer-Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

LGA 1151 means 6 generation. I will go for it.
Last help :)
Give me 2-3 MOBO . Your choice:-
Which can be overclockable.
Support ddr3-4 Rams.
Support new GPU (750 gtx+)
Good quality which can stay. As motherboard is some of the parts who get corrupted .
I can spend 130$ on MOBO .
Kingston Rams are not so cool. Here it looks Kingston sell some low grade material.(they don't survive for much)
Will go with transcend or crossair Rams.
I will see which of those 3 MOBO work well and available here . (130$) only. :)

#12 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:42 AM

There are huge selection for Z170 motherboards for under 130$. Even many mATX boards support 4 DIMM's. Two there

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170xud3
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z170pd3

#13 Gamer-Singh

Gamer-Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:07 AM

Your choice were nice but they cost double in my country india :(. 130$ = 9000 INR. I cannt buy them :( they costing 20k INR

#14 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

Your choice were nice but they cost double in my country india :(. 130$ = 9000 INR. I cannt buy them :( they costing 20k INR

How about Asus Z170-P without D3?

#15 Gamer-Singh

Gamer-Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

How about Asus Z170-P without D3?
Costing 88$ outside . But here 12500. :(

VlRcWYw.jpg

Edited by Gamer-Singh, 20 May 2016 - 10:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users