Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really Annoying Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DementedLad

DementedLad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:37 PM

Hi guys this is my first ever post here. So i wonder if i can get some help regarding this thing that's going on.  My net connection keeps cutting out for a few seconds and then comes back on. I just don't understand what's causing it. I've tried running Malwarebytes and have MS Security Essentials and running scans shows no problems.  It really shows up when i'm watching YT videos. All of a sudden the screen go's black on the video and an error comes up saying "An error occurred"  then it gives an ID thingy and says find out more or something like that.   Anyway it's ruining my whole PC experience now as tonight it's happening on every video i watch.  Someone suggested making some changes to the Registry values so i tried that but it didn't help, the videos still keep cutting off.

Have you guys encountered this before?  This is a pretty old laptop. I've had it about 8 years. Someone also mentioned it could be a router problem but i haven't a clue really. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack unless you're an IT tech which i definitely am not.  I know enough to keep going but that's about it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:28 AM

You don't mention which browswer you are using.  Perhaps you could try a different browswer to see if the problem continues?

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 DementedLad

DementedLad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

You don't mention which browswer you are using.  Perhaps you could try a different browswer to see if the problem continues?

Hi, Sorry, it's Google chrome. I went to Firefox and tried it but it was worse. Every time i used Firefox i got the BSOD and the warning a problem had been detected and the PC was shut down to protect the system, or words to that effect.  I thought it may have something to do with MS no longer supporting the Vista platform anymore because i got a message to that effect from chrome. Anyway i got so fed up i did an installation of Linux Mint to see if i could use that as my system instead. It looks a great system and i'd like to switch to that from Windows BUT the problem there was Firefox was crashing constantly on that system and i just couldn't work like that

#4 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:21 AM

not to long ago about a few months i had the a similar issue with youtube on my windows 7 but uninstalled firefox and installed google chrome.  that was i made sure my flashplayer was updated and i thought that was youtubes issue and the was the before the Pentra bitcoin ransom virus was going around that Adobe supposed to had fixed, because i because someone i trusted told me that google and google chrome dont use flashplayer his this guy pages are read with HTML 5, and i never did get the definition as to what that was all i know that guy suggested i switched to google chrome and i never had a issue with youtube again.  I hope thias helped.  and i was only following the advice from someone  make your changes after you got all the fact not based on what i found out and worked for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users