Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access new email account

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Campo1988

Campo1988

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

Hi.

I just made a new email account with not-very-hotmail using @outlook.com the same way I always do. It wanted my country and time zone, as if Australia could be -12 hours. I "saved" it, allegedly, then it demanded I sign in with a "Windows Live Custom Domains Work or school account" on this link. What stupidity is this? I don't want a custom anything account. I want to access my newly-created hotmail/outlook account.

When I clicked on the link "Can’t access your account?", I put my newly-created email address in and it said,

Microsoft Accounts or personal email addresses don’t work here. Make sure you enter your work or school account (e.g. user@contoso.com). If you want to reset a Microsoft Account password, click here.

I don't want to reset my password. I want to access my new account which I just created not 30 seconds previously. I looked online for "I don't want a windose live custom domain" and a result was, "Microsoft ends support for custom domains in free email service" from the 10 Apr 2014, so why try and force me to have one now? I have never heard of them before, nor do I want one. What are they at Micro$oft doing - or not doing?

Please help me sort this nonsense out.

Thanks.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 May 2016 - 08:28 PM.
language edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DanieI

DanieI

• Banned
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:11 PM

I suggest getting an email off of http://www.mail.com - It offers some cool domains, and it's fast, easy, and reliable.

My email is @mail.com

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 May 2016 - 11:20 PM.
deleted email address. Do not post personal information in the forum. Also removing it will protect you from spambots that crawl the web looking for emails addresses to send spam to.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:45 PM

Gmail.

It works.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 Campo1988

Campo1988
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

Expletives deleted! I suppose I should have said "what the bleep, bleep-bleeps?" as per the website name! Lol.

I prefer to keep things simple instead of going over here and there for the same thing (different email suppliers). sigh

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

would it make sense at your end to move the lot to gmail ??.....or is that making a mountain out of a molehill....or creating more work than its worth perhaps...??

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 DanieI

DanieI

• Banned
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:03 PM

who uses outlook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users