Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help w/ speeding up computer/deleting unwanted processes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jschramm23

jschramm23

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

Hello all,

So I haven't had an issue until recently but I always used my laptop to play games and only until recently did my laptop start lagging and dropping frames. I'm assuming it's because of bloatware/unwanted processes going on but I'm not sure. I've ran tons of scans - no virus/malware present. I've done ccleaner and other softwares along these lines but would love to hear anyone's/everyone's opinions. I've attached the processes & details screenshots from my task manager below. 

If all looks well to you guys, it must just be time to buy a new computer...

Also, sorry if what I'm asking for is too much. Just looking to see if anyone out there is willing to take on this task. You'd be helping out someone who has been trying to help himself for over a month now on this issue. 

Thanks a ton, I appreciate it all!

Attached File  details1.png   503.12KB   0 downloads Attached File  details2.png   510.14KB   0 downloads Attached File  processes1.png   462.16KB   0 downloads Attached File  processes2.png   461.88KB   0 downloads Attached File  processes3.png   460.79KB   0 downloads Attached File  services1.png   433.96KB   0 downloads Attached File  services2.png   441.03KB   0 downloads Attached File  services3.png   466.72KB   0 downloads Attached File  services4.png   468.46KB   0 downloads Attached File  services5.png   483.96KB   0 downloads Attached File  services6.png   468.66KB   0 downloads Attached File  services7.png   449.39KB   0 downloads Attached File  services8.png   480.39KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daydreamed

Daydreamed

• Members
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

What game are you trying to play? Do you keep your browser closed or any other programs when you do open the game? Also, I'd assume the game was playing fine before, is that correct?

- Daydreamed

#3 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:40 PM

Well the first of is to look in Programs and features and order the programs by date to get the newest install on top. Look and make sure their aren't things out there that are installed that you don't know about. I would google those apps to make sure. Next look in the task manager at processes. I know Itunes installs 2 or 3 processes when you install it.  But games lagging would have more to do with the graphics card then the processor. 

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users