Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC water cooler dripping noise!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arbiter1170

Arbiter1170

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:43 AM

I'm really in need of assistance..

As of two days ago, I started hearing a dripping sound. I have a closed loop on my PC, but I never touched it or filled it. It's been running for almost 3 years, with zero noise ever coming from it. The computer came pre built, so I wasn't really sure what I was getting into at the time.

So what could it be? There doesn't seem to be water damage. The loop seems to be in good shape.. The dripping only starts when I'm gaming. When I'm sitting idle on the desktop I don't hear anything from the cooler.

It's a HP Phoenix 2013 series.

Here's an album of pictures.
http://m.imgur.com/dMLlJNa,Xj5QrP9,2vKusp0,ZqFjL0e,l3ZfYrP,U29rdzm,1eXe1mF,SSZAYwe,NGNuIEc,o8SotOs,so3p0pU

And here's a video of the sound. https://vid.me/vFRC

Should I try to replace the water cooler? literally have no idea how.. I'm kind of scared to try and do it, since this was all setup for me I had no worries.. But I have no idea how to do water cooling. Help would be greatly appreciated :).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

This is a Zip file, you will need a program like 7-Zip to extract the program.

When you have downloaded the Speccy Snapshot you will need to extract the program.  In order to do this click on Extract all as seen in the image below.

speccy_zpst7spbukh.png

After extracting the program you will be prompted to Select a Destination and Extract Files.  You can change the location suggested or choose another location.  After you have decided on the location click on Extract.

In the page that opens you will see two Applications.  The first is for a 32-bit operating system, the second is for a 64-bit operating system.  Click on the version which applies to your operating system.  This will open the Speccy Snapshot.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy 
log.

If there was a leak in the liquid cooling system there would be evidence in the bottom of the case.  Are you seeing any drops of cooler?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users