Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I run SPLITTER CABLES out of this Eyefinity 6x miniDP G. Card?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp

• Members
  • 301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:40 AM

I'm thinking I need two of these cards, and run 48 monitors out of there? That's going to require 12 miniDP cables to VGA adapters. Is that possible? Who can tell me anything now? tongue.gif  

And what kind of mainboard, CPU, and PSU are we talking here? I want the low end not the high end stuff because this is for trading not gaming, and I'm not broken into the business yet. I haven't rolled out the big money maker plan. It's still in the works, no what I mean? Almost there though.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

[url=http://s664.photobucket.com/user/ForTheAction/media/displayport_zpsw4hlga3x.png.html]displayport_zpsw4hlga3x.png[/URL

Look at that. How far can you go with something like that? What if I have one graphics card port, and say 20 of these hubs? Just hook them up, and create a giant octopus monster of DP tentacles and monitors. Who has experience with this specific set up? What am I missing?

By the way, I'd like to keep the budget well below $700 this round of build. I'm sure I'd drops several times that into rigs later on if that's even necessary to get a great deal and system, but for right now I'm learning the right way which is cut out all waste master precision capitalistic arrow head.

Edited by F-1DeskLamp, 17 May 2016 - 05:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users