Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aero keeps disabling when 2nd Monitor is in Portrait mode

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jmanm

Jmanm

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:10 AM

My monitor setup is: primary dell 3007wpf via DVI-I & secondary dell 2240L.

Windows vista's aero keeps disabling as soon as my second monitor is rotated to portrait, in lanscape its fine. And I need aero enabled for multitasking.

This started happening after I got a new GPU (gtx 970) & updated NVIDIA drivers from my previous gt220 gpu.
I have tried DDU to uninstall drivers & reinstall but does nothing. I'm uising the drivers off the nvidia website, some versions don't install & some do. I installed the driver for gtx980.
When windows first starts up from restart, aero is On but only for a few seconds until its disabled.

I have tried all connections, HDMI, VGA & even the DVI model of my second screen, no go.

There is no support from nvidia or microsoft other than just upgrade to windows 7. All I want is to prevent aero from disabling. So looking for any help on how to do that, any tweaks or mods of drivers etc please.

My specs are: intel i7 870, 4GB ram corsair, GA- P-55 mobo, windows vista 32bit ultimate w/sp2, msi gtx 970 w/ nvidia control panel 8.1. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveJoBot

DaveJoBot

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:31 AM

try to use a different screen setup not the dvi or vga try different reselutions 

#3 Jmanm

Jmanm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:10 AM

try to use a different screen setup not the dvi or vga try different reselutions 

Trust me I tried everything & all hook ups. It is caused by NVIDIA not supporting their drivers for vista. They work ok, gaming is fine, but still got bugs.

Edited by Jmanm, 21 December 2016 - 02:11 AM.

#4 DaveJoBot

DaveJoBot

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

try to find a windows vista card, or try a windows 7/vista card and see if that works

#5 Jmanm

Jmanm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:14 AM

try to find a windows vista card, or try a windows 7/vista card and see if that works

The problem is nothing that runs on vista is as powerful as a single low wattage GTX970, maybe a HD7970 but they are second hand now. I brought the 970 because based on the drivers available for vista I thought it would be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users