Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome Canary won't open anymore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hwg

hwg

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

I have NO idea why Canary stopped working, but I went to open it and nothing happens.  I have a Win 7 machine.  Regular Goggle works fine, but Canary won't open and I want to get my bookmarks off it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

hwg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

You made me go looking !  I have Chrome installed but rarely use it - I don't like it. Apparently all versions of Chrome come out first as 'Canary' releases which are pre-beta very early versions ripe for finding the bugs in. This article may explain the matter more coherently and you may just have to wait for the next 'canary' version to come along.

http://superuser.com/questions/582295/what-is-chrome-canary-and-how-is-it-different-from-google-chrome

Chris Cosgrove

#3 hwg

hwg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

Thank you!  Do you know where the history and bookmarks would be stored?  If I can at least retrieve them, it won't matter which version of Chrome I use.

Thanks!

hwg

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

No, I don't know but for a guess it is somewhere in your 'Users' folder. But you can back them up to an HTML file which you can then save in any convenient place and import them from the file after a change of version or a re-install.

If you click on the 'Settings' button in the top right hand corner, then 'Bookmarks' then 'Manage bookmarks' a new screen opens up - the Bookmark Manager. The right hand panel is headed 'Organise'. Clicking on this gives a drop down menu which includes import from and export to an HTML file. I use this every so often in Firefox because then I know where my bookmark backup is !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users