My computer always ran fine and all the parts are only 6-8 months. Never had a problem. Yesterday morning, I hit the power switch, and nothing happened. No lights, no fans spinning on PSU/CPU/cooler; nothing.
I thought it was the PSU, until I took it out, connected 16 and 17 connectors with metal, and it powered up. Thought it was the power switch/case wiring, until I took a screwdriver and tried to complete the circuit on the MOBO's power switch panel, and nothing happened.
My motherboard is the Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR3. Google didn't prove too useful; every problem related to the MOBO was limited to new builds, not a random loss of power.
Before I RMA the board, are there any suggestions?
I took the CMOS battery out and will put it back in after work, as well as take the entire board out to see if any metal was touching, but I've had boards boot up without a CMOS battery, and the tower wasn't moved or anything, so I'm guessing it could be unlikely for some metal to all of a sudden touch the back?
Edited by hamluis, 17 May 2016 - 10:53 AM.