Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to download video from TSN (flash based) site?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

Does anyone know how I can download this video:

http://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/video/babcock-opens-up-about-matthews-marner-and-leafs-future~870947

TSN is a flash based site I think.  I tried using video captures like camtasia and fraps but the problem is whether I use 20fps 30 or 60fps, the recorded video plays back laggy/choppy.  

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

Use Firefox and this extension. If you do not want Firefox as an install you can download the portable version of Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-video-downloader/

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

#3 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:57 PM

Thanks John.

I tried it and it downloaded the advertisement fine, but the actual interview wasn't being downloaded in 1 file.  It started to download it in chunk of 0.5 to 1 mb in file size every 20 seconds for the entire 16 minute interview.  So I was left tons of these small files and when I tried to download it, it was only called 'video.undefined'.

Any ideas?

#4 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

here's a screenshot of the video downloader and this is what i mean.....all the tiny downloads are the interview but it won't just download it in one mp4 file....all of these tiny files are video.undefined if i download them.

908v2h.jpg

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,240 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

Some sites do this to prevent you from downloading the video. I will take a look at it.

Unfortunately, this video cannot be downloaded with the extension. I tried another extension and it failed also. Sorry.

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 May 2016 - 05:53 PM.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:01 PM

I have been using the Firefox extension Easy Media Download for the last year and it's the best one I have used. It will download any video or image. I used it yesterday to download a UFC fight from Saturday that I uploaded to my blog. It should be able to download the TSN video as Daily Motion does the same thing to discourage downloading and this seems to be the only product that will download Daily Motion videos. 

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,240 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Easy Media Download. I will take a look at it.

Edit: From looking at the extension it seems to only open the shortcut to page source and the looking under the Media Tab. I did this manually and could not find the video the OP was looking for. Maybe I have the wrong extension.

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 May 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#8 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the replies.  Hope something will work!

#9 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up on Easy Media Download. I will take a look at it.

Edit: From looking at the extension it seems to only open the shortcut to page source and the looking under the Media Tab. I did this manually and could not find the video the OP was looking for. Maybe I have the wrong extension.

Maybe that video is copy protected and therefore not downloadable.

EDIT: I just checked and the video clip is copy protected I don't know of anything that will download a copy protected clip.

Edited by frankp316, 17 May 2016 - 10:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users