Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Supply?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swguy30s

swguy30s

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:22 PM

My computer is about 2 years old. I went to turn in on last week and I get nothing - I have tried different cords, outlets etc. I have the monitor, keyboard hooked up to an older model. Does this mean I need a power supply replaced??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:28 PM

If nothing comes on, no fans, lights, etc, the first place I would look would be the on/off switch on the back of the computer (not the voltage switch). You may have inadvertently turned it off shutting all power to the computer.

Next would be the switch on the front (button you press to power the computer) and next would be the power supply.

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:21 AM

This happened to me a few weeks ago two and I had to replace my power supply. I would suggest bringing it to a computer shop... for 10-15 bucks they will put a new power supply in tempoarily to see if that is the problem if it is a new one, if you don't need a powerfull one, is only about 50 bucks...

#4 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:39 AM

I had the same problem. If you have it connected to a surge protector unplug it and reconnect it. See if that does anything. If not, it might be the power supply. Or it might be the motherboard.

My case was the motherboard...

#5 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:26 PM

did you use a screwdriver that was magnetized at the tip? cuz I did, now it wont turn on.... :thumbsup:

why are you editing my posts?

//Mod edit: To replace your profanity with a ranting smilie//

Edited by KoanYorel, 09 August 2006 - 11:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users