Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod Random while gaming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jorrick

Jorrick

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:28 AM

Hello dear technicians!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to help me out on this one.

I cannot figure it out myself!

So heres the thing: I sometimes get bsod's while playing the heavier games like civ 5, but sometimes I dont at all!

Its not overheating, my case is clean and both cpu and graphics card dont exceed 70celcius.

Also I dont think its a driver issue since I got the latest drivers ( for as far as I can find?! )

I can play civ5 for 3 hours, then crash,a nd sometimes it crashes after 20 minutes.

Its completly random and I cannot figure out why that is!

I attached the 2 requested files and I hope that will give some insights.

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 33 °C
Thuban 45nm Technology
RAM
10.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 (Socket M2) 32 °C
Graphics
SMBX2235 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 49 °C
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-60U6AA0 ATA Device (SATA) 26 °C
74GB INTEL SSDSC2BW080A4 ATA Device (SSD) 24 °C
Optical Drives
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

Please help!

CHeers

Attached Files

Edited by Jorrick, 16 May 2016 - 02:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 axe0

axe0

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 290 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:04 AM

Hi Jorrick,

I assume you're the same user from sevenforums? 1 of your uploaded logs is at least the exact same as the one I have downloaded.

I received an e-mail notification about your last post and I would like to clarify a few things here because I couldn't find your thread at the other forum.

To answer your questions:

So what I get from your message, is that my windows copy is giving me the bsod's?

Your Windows copy is probably not THE reason why you get a BSOD but it could be a reason due to the modifications that your system has for installing the activation. The modifications could make troubleshooting difficult and just make it a waste of time on a counterfeit installation hence the reason why I suggested to clean install Windows using a genuine activation.

Would upgrading to windows 10 resolve this problem? 

I've never recommended to upgrade to Windows 10 when a problem is present on the current system, mainly because the chance that the problem is taken over by the new Windows version is great + there is alongside another great chance that more problems arise but a clean install solves those problems mostly.

And are there different versions of windows that are needed for a gigabyte board? 

I'm not sure what you mean with that question.

I hope I've clarified a few things, if not please do not hesitate to ask :)

Kind regards,
Axe0

#3 Jorrick

Jorrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

Hey Axe,

That's correct! But they banned me for not having a legit version of windows -_-' I guess the should just ban like 70% of the people these days I guess.

But not installing windows 10 then.

But beside that, is there anything u can find in the attached files that could point in a direction of the problem? Like faulty ram, not updated drivers or anything?

Im just really not good with this kind of stuff, and as I mentioned I dont have money to spend on a legit version atm, so I would be back to a cracked copy if I want to reinstall windows so then we are back to where we started :(

#4 axe0

axe0

• 290 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:20 AM

They ban many people who have a pirated Windows copy because it violates the rule of piracy, some attempt to change the meaning of the rule to still receive support. The bans is to prevent such actions mostly.

Regarding the bugchecks, they are 0x124 which basically means that there was a hardware error detected by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture.
In most cases the best one can get with 0x124 is the problem, but not the cause. There are some basic troubleshooting steps you could try.

1. Make sure you're not overclocking anything, overclocking is 1 of the most common causes with 0x124 crashes,
  2. Make sure the BIOS settings are set to the optimal default settings,
  3. Test the hard drive, memory, GPU & CPU, for these there are software stress tests for Windows and DOS in some cases. Where DOS is possible it is recommended to use the DOS version, I suggest you to read http://www.carrona.org/diag.html for more about testing them.
  4. Make sure the airflow is proper, no dust present and that the temperatures are not going too high under load,
  5. Check your SSD for firmware updates,
  6. Remove all unnecessary stuff connected to your system to rule them out,
  7. Make sure the cabling is not damaged in any way and properly connected,
  8. Don't forget to also check the PSU connection and power,
  9. Check if the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values in the BIOS are proper,

As you can see there are a lot of possibilities that can cause the 0x124 crash, this is only the most things of the hardware and I haven't included drivers.

The dumps are saying that there is a read error on the L1 cache of the CPU (don't confuse this with thinking that the CPU is causing the crash, the CPU only reported it).

Edited by axe0, 16 May 2016 - 10:21 AM.

Kind regards,
Axe0

#5 Jorrick

Jorrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

Wauw thats alot to go on! Thanks!

But it would be hard to rule it out since sometimes I dont get a bsod for days :S

I will read the link and test it, and I will update this in a couple of days to see if I could find something

#6 axe0

axe0

• 290 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:41 AM

That is just some generic hardware troubleshooting stuff for the 0x124 ;)

I saw the frequency of the crashes, I don't think most of the stuff I posted is a must to do but it may be worth it to do.

Given your description I would think that it can be difficult to find the root cause.

Just to note, I rarely go to this site and when I do it is only for reading BSOD posts from experts to learn more, you were lucky I wanted to say a few things else I wouldn't have posted here but read threads.

Unless I find it truly necessary I won't post here, there are several reasons why I mention this which include RL.

Edited by axe0, 16 May 2016 - 10:42 AM.

Kind regards,
Axe0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users