Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Rip Multiple DVD (Recovery Data) to Single Bootable USB

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 intr3pido

intr3pido

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:34 AM

Hi, I currently have 3 discs of recovery data to reinstall windows. Usually, during installation, the system will prompt the user to insert Disc 1, 2 or 3.

Currently, my DVD RW drive is not working. Therefore, I am looking to transfer the data on the 3 DVDs to a single bootable usb (doing this on another laptop of course).

Does anyone know how to go about doing this? (including software needed etc). Direct transfer without burning to windows first would be even better.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

I am not certain this will work.  I am sure you can make an ISO of each disc with Imgburn but the question is how to load the ISOs as though they were discs?  I know YUMI can make a multi-bootable flash drive but I'm still not sure it will work.  You may have to use some sort of CD/DVD emulator.

BTW, what version of Windows are you trying to reinstall?  Windows 7?  Were these discs supplied by the manufacturer?  We might be able to find another way around the problem.

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

Agouti, I googled Daemon Tools Ultra combine 3 ISOs into one ISO?  I got this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Daemon+Tools+Ultra+can+combine+3+ISO+images+into+one%3F&oq=Daemon+Tools+Ultra+can+combine+3+ISO+images+into+one%3F&aqs=chrome..69i57.18654j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

and this:   http://club.myce.com/f34/how-do-i-combine-2-iso-files-123002/

I'm not sure if the above itwo are the best answers.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#4 intr3pido

intr3pido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:50 AM

I actually tried to copy the files on the main disc (disc 1) to make a bootable USB and planned to copy files from disc 2 and 3 to individual folders respectively in the usb. The USB was able to boot but when it was loading file, the system failed to detect any recovery media/files. 

I guess I would just head out and buy a cheap external dvd drive and use it to load the disc and boot instead. 

Thanks for the responses anyway.

Edited by intr3pido, 16 May 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

Take a look at the post by Joe in this thread. It's doable but takes some work. The procedure could be different for your set of disks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/143785-recovery-discs-usb.html

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 May 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

You haven't told us which Windows you are reinstalling yet, to wit...

BTW, what version of Windows are you trying to reinstall?  Windows 7?  Were these discs supplied by the manufacturer?  We might be able to find another way around the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users