Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't delete certain folders in windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:01 PM

This is very strange. I noticed that I had 2 folders generated somehow, one being a clone of the other but one is less up-to-date. I am the only user on this computer so I don't see a permissions issue.

What I notice is that when I right click on certain folders, the delete option appears in the box but it doesn't appear in others. I'm trying to delete the older "cloned" file as I have it's more recent twin but when I highlight the file to be deleted and right click, I don't see the delete option in the requester box. I also can't drag the folder to the Recycle bin and it doens't delete when I hightlight it and press the delete key, so I have no idea why I can't ger rid of it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:52 AM

What is the name of these folders?  Where are they located?  What is the path to those directories?

Edited by Agouti, 16 May 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#3 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

Godzilla, I can only guess that you are trying to delete a folder that is in use by some program.  While browsing around for an answer, I came across this Microsoft Windows 10 page that you may be interested in bookmarking. 

Need help with Windows 10?

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#4 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:48 PM

Well if you right click on the folder and select properties than security and under administrators full control should be checked. Users account full control may not be checked.

To check the right of the user logged in 

Windows 10 & 8
  1. Right-click the “Start” button, then select “System“.
  2. Choose the “Advanced system settings” link in the left pane.
  3. Select the “Computer Name” tab.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#5 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

I got to the Computer Name tab but when I had opened it I didn't see an option to check any boxes for account full control. However, the second folder no longer appears to exist. i will monitor this. The path as This PC>Documents>Mark>PAC>Shipments.  There were two folders named Shipments now there appears to be only one. They were both similar but one had one day's more data in it. I'm not sure what had happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users